How to recompile ubuntu kernel

Benjamin Edwards bedwards at rnli.org.uk
Wed Sep 29 10:03:20 UTC 2004

Not sure if it is any use but I have been working on a debian kernel compile howto.  Its at

http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/article.php?story=20040522233716364

>>> Paco Ros <paco at bergantells.net> 09/28/04 09:59pm >>>
Hi.

I'm running 2.6.8.1-686-smp kernel anf I'd like to compile a new one removing
some things I don't use and targetting P4 CPU to optimize.

I've always compiled a kernel without initrd image, but I like very much this
way to load and unload modules (and I don't remember what options I should
compile into the kernel :-))

How do you create these kernels with initrd images? I've found some info at
Google, but I don't know what I should put into a initrd image.

Regards.
--
Paco Ros