which ISO for a system with SATA drives?

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 03:32:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:06:42 +0100, Colin Watson <cjwatson at canonical.com> wrote:

> It depends on your chipset. With NVIDIA chipsets, you'll need a daily
> ISO image; many others should be fine in the Warty preview release. The
> preview installs fine on my amd64 system with SATA, for example.
>
> If it doesn't work, send me the output of 'lspci' and 'lspci -n'.

Ok. Cool. My motherboard's documentation on the chipsets is kinda
vague but it looks like I have "ICH5R South Bridge" (Intel?) and
"Silicon Image PCI Chip". It's an ABIT IC7-G MOBO.

I think I'm just going to go for it. I'll let you know if I run into
any problems. Don't worry. :)

> If you run into an installation problem, you may well need the newer
> ISO; otherwise, the former approach is fine, although we'll start
> recommending that people use "Sounder CD 9" once we release that
> milestone.

Gotcha. I'm going with Warty!

> That's what rsync is for. :-)

You know.... I keep meaning on looking up how to use rsync. Are you
saying that rsync can replace the updated parts WITHIN the ISO image I
already downloaded?! That would be pretty darn cool. :)

Aaron