Skype is not free software

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon Sep 27 13:20:50 UTC 2004

Benjamin Edwards wrote:

> I agree but recon its still worth clarifying. Public Domain is
> probably another usefull term (not herd that for a bit).

because public domain software is a completly different thing.  When an
author releases some work in the public domian they publically renounce
their copyright on it.

this is definatly different to 'free' as in speech and 'free' as in beer.

sparkes

BTW - Ben you're employer (I presume) is a wonderful cause (and one I
support 100%) but do you have to post in html tables?