Removable media not showing up in Deskop or 'Computer'

Trygve Falch trf at penguinvillage.info
Fri Sep 24 08:30:13 UTC 2004

Hi!

I'm running the preview version of Ubuntu on my laptop, and recently
(after running some upgrades) my removable devices stopped showing up on
the desktop and in the 'Computer' folder. I
checked /apps/nautilus/desktop, and volumes_visible is ticked off. And
the devices show up nicely in /media. This worked after the first
install, but for some reason it doesn't know.

What part of the system is controlling this behaviour?