language en but qwertz keyboard

Mark Shuttleworth mark at hbd.com
Thu Sep 23 15:29:16 UTC 2004

Hi Torsten

We're bringing back the keyboard selection question to the installer.
I'd preferred not to ask this, since most people have no idea what the
correct answer is, and people who don't use the default usually do so
deliberately and thus should carry the burden of fixing it for
themselves :-). However, having the wrong keyboard setup makes it
impossible to login in some cases, which sank my ambition to eliminate
the question altogether. So in the final warty release, the installer
will ask this.

To fix it now, try:

 sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data

--