Ubuntu and NXserver (GPL version)

Anton Paulic dr-evil at rogers.com
Wed Sep 22 14:42:58 UTC 2004

Hello Everyone,
First things first, as a diehard Slackware user, I thought there weren't
many distro's that could match the speed of Slackware, boy was I wrong!
I cannot believe the speed increase you guys have achieved in Ubuntu!
Great job!!
I do have one issue that I cannot seem to resolve, I am trying to use
the nxserver remote connection and cannot get it to work properly, I've
been through the www.nomachine.com mailing list, and have not found any
answers.
The deb packages for nxserver from
http://www.freedesktop.org/~mornfall/debian/ install nicely, but when I
go to connect i just get a nice blank, black screen...then after about 5
minutes the gnome splash screen displays, then nothing else...
Has anyone had any success using NXserver (gpl version)??

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!