Gnome and FAT Partition

Danuvius danuvius at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 16:50:03 UTC 2004

Good Afternoon,

I have just recently installed Ubuntu on a friend's computer.  Things
went reasonably well.

However his mounted FAT partitions do not show up properly.  All
entries (including directories) show up as files on the mounted FAT
partitions... so it is essentially impossible to browse those
partitions.  I also think (not sure) the filesizes show up as 0 bytes.
 My other filesystems are all reiserfs... and they seem to be just
fine.

Is this a Gnome problem?  Is there something I need to install?  I'd
appreciate any help.  Tried googling... but I'm not even sure how to
ask the right question.

Sincerely,

Danuvius