No Sound on iMac G3

pieterjan pieterjan at iol.it
Mon Sep 20 15:01:53 UTC 2004

Hi everybody,

I just installed ubuntu on a iMac. Looks like the Debian distro I have
been waiting for a long time!!
:-)
Sound doesn't work though. I have already been through the mixer panel
and increased the volume slider (is this a bug?) so now I can hear
alarm sounds but, when I try starting a video i get an error messsage
telling me that /dev/dsp is busy with another application...

I am digging throug all available docs and forums for a solution but
perhaps somebody already has the answer.

BTW /dev/dsp is in my dev directory. What is it for?

Pieterjan
~~~~
 Debian/linux for my server, FreeBSD for my iMac, OpenBSD for my
laptop, NetBSD for my coffee maker. Windows for... for what?