Failed install on Blue-White Yosemite PPC

Brett Kirksey ubuntu-users at valx.mailshell.com
Mon Sep 20 15:37:03 UTC 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 at 10:57-0400, Tony wrote:

> I have tried installing Ubuntu PPC on my Blue and White, 300MHz
> (early) Yosemite G3.
> . . .
> After initial reboot I got the following message:
> . . .
> Kernel panic: Attempt to kill init!

Just a note in case this could have anything to do with the problem. I originally attempted to install Ubuntu on a drive connected to my ATA PCI Card in my B&W G3 and I got pretty much the same result--it couldn't find where to boot from. When I installed it on the drive connected to the ATA on the motherboard, it worked fine.

Brett