Epiphany Related Bug

Britt Selvitelle britt at muchobs.com
Sat Sep 18 04:17:00 UTC 2004

I'd like to start by saying that so far, Ubuntu ROCKS. :) Everything is
really shaping up nicely ... it's been a long time since I've switched
from Slackware, with the intent to stay.

So anyway, on to the bugs! (Will there be a bugzilla soon?)

The Epiphany Bug:

What I Did:

	Set Gconf flag for nautilus: desktop_is_home_dir
		( ^^^ this doesn't really matter )
	Delete Desktop Folder in ~/
		( ^^^ this is obviously the problem )
	Run apt-get install epiphany-browser
	Run epiphany
	Try to right click a link and select Download Link
	Download fails.

Of course this fails because the default folder for downloads in
Epiphany is ~/Desktop. There is no check however to see whether or not
the folder exists.

I'm going to file a bugreport with Epiphany, because it needs to sanely
handle a nonexistant download folder, but the default should probably be
set accordingly on the install by the distro as well.

Britt