Partitioning

Terry Coles nof at hadrian-way.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 20:07:37 UTC 2004

I tried to install Ubuntu today, but it fell over when I got to the
Partitioning section.  I got the two Options: 'Erase the Entire Disk' or
'Manually Edit the Partition Table'.  I chose the  latter because I have many
other partitions on this box.

When I did that it claimed that there was only one partition; a 40Gb FAT 16.
In reality the first partion is a 15Mb FAT 16 (to fool Partition Magic into
booting from the CD).  After that I have four ext3 partions of 10GBs or so
apiece and a swap partition.  It couldn't see any of the Linux partitions.

Any ideas?

--
		Terry Coles