fd.o (was: Re: Why Gnome?)

Daniel Stone daniel.stone at canonical.com
Thu Sep 16 07:12:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 10:25:24PM -0700, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> This is easy (I am guessing here, but I don't think I am too far out of the
> truth). Team members of ubuntu are also team members of gnome and
> freedesktop.org (which started by a gnome person) etc. It was simply a
> creation of some friends with some common interests, in that case, gnome
> and debian, and so it was like that from the beginning.

freedesktop.org is not a GNOME front or such; we are a truly
multi-environment spread, with developers from GNOME, KDE (for one, I
have a KDE CVS account, although I do not actively work on it), and many
other desktop environments, including XFce, developers of various window
managers, and whathaveyou.

It is not, and will not be, a GNOME developers' club.

Daniel, fd.o dogs' body and RM

--
Daniel Stone                                        <daniel.stone at canonical.com>