privoxy in the next release?

Lex Hider Lex.Hider at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 11:04:54 UTC 2004

I'm sure everyone has different suggestions what they would like to see in the
mainstream of Ubuntu and not in universe.
I reckon privoxy [those who don't know it blocks most advertisement when
web browsing] would be a useful addition.
wwwoffle is also a very useful app for us still stuck on dialup.

1) What do people think including privoxy?

2) More importantly I think would be handy to have a page on ubuntulinux.org
that lists some of the larger programs not in the MAIN part of ubuntu and why
they aren't there.
e.g. mono, privoxy

Thankyou,

Lex.