privoxy in the next release?

janne jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Fri Oct 29 01:21:37 UTC 2004

fre 2004-10-29 klockan 11:08 +1000 skrev Lex Hider:
> I'm sure everyone has different suggestions what they would like to see
> in the
> mainstream of Ubuntu and not in universe.
> I reckon privoxy [those who don't know it blocks most advertisement when
> web browsing] would be a useful addition.
> wwwoffle is also a very useful app for us still stuck on dialup.
>
> 1) What do people think including privoxy?

Wouldn't including the Adblock plugin for Firefox by default be a better
way? It is a lot easier for users to use than Privoxy (which pretty much
requires editing match lists by hand if I remember correctly).

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science
http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren    Lund, Sweden