how to access the ntf partition

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Sat Oct 30 19:44:42 UTC 2004

Hallo R.Vijayaraghavan,

Op zaterdag 30 oktober 2004 21:06:10 schreef je:

> I am facing a new problem now. I am not able to mount a ntfs partition.
> Even tried with the -rw option, but it says that the access is denied.
> Any pointers.

If  you  mean that you can mount it, but the nautilus window that pops
up says access denied, try the following:

mount -t ntfs /dev/your_disk /your/mountpoint -o "ro,fmask=0333,dmask=0222"

Or the following line in /etc/fstab:
/dev/your_disk /your/mountpoint ntfs ro,fmask=0333,dmask=0222 0 0

--
Dennis K.
  And that's the way the cookie crumbles