problem setting up PHP

Francesco Levorato ubuntu at flevour.net
Thu Oct 28 23:04:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 20:35 +0100, Ben Edwards wrote:
> I have installed apache2 OK and added mysql and mod php4.
>
> In /etc/apache2/apache2.conf have uncommented
>
> I have restarted apache2 I have uncomented
>   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> In  /etc/apache2/mods-available I have
>   php4.conf -> /etc/apache2/mods-available/php4.conf &
>   php4.load -> /etc/apache2/mods-available/php4.load

I hope you meant "In /etc/apache2/mods-enabled".
My configuration is working without needing to uncomment anything.
The line "TypesConfig /etc/mime.types" should be enough for apache2 to
parse correctly php files. Try commenting back the line you uncommented.
If this doesnt solve the issue, try checking whether you have a correct
mime.types file. This is the output of "grep php /etc/mime.types" on my
system.
application/x-httpd-php                         phtml pht php
application/x-httpd-php-source                  phps
application/x-httpd-php3                        php3
application/x-httpd-php3-preprocessed           php3p
application/x-httpd-php4                        php4
Honestly I am not using the libapache2-mod-php4 but the php4-cgi
pacakges. So if you installed the former, maybe the issue could be found
in php4.conf. But its just a wild guess.
My .2 cents.
flevour