a linux ready for simple users ? (Re: issues with warty final

Philippe Landau lists at mailry.net
Wed Oct 27 08:21:11 UTC 2004

 > I see lots of great things happening for Ubuntu, but to be honest, I
 > wouldn't consider this (or any other distribution I've used so far)
what distros did you try ?

 > truly usable for non-geeks.
that is my experience too, unfortunately.
at the moment they can easily use openoffice, email, web and chat.
viewing a DVD or a flash or quicktime movie,
listening to internet radio or tv,
sharing files using p2p, remastering DVDs -
i am still not sure if the linux-experts
do not want to let non-geeks in on the fun
or if there are still too many problems in the software
so it is not possible to offer it yet ?

kind regards     philippe