soundblaster live issue and wlan card.

Samuel Thurston, III sam.thurston at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 20:13:55 UTC 2004

> I found that killing esd and restarting it with a paramater (cannot
> remember the format now, and am not a a Ubuntu box currently) to use
> /dev/dsp1 in stead of /dev/dsp solved that problem on a AMD box with
> onboard audio.  But that proved far too much effort.  Disabling the ac97
> device in the bios was a more reliable and permanent fix.

Am I to understand that  with alsa and jack, more than one audio
interface cannot be supported?  I don't think i can disable my ac97
device in bios... does this mean i have to use it instead of the
SoundBlaster Live?

on a separate note, looking at the output of 'ps aux' i definitely
don't see esd running, is that the default gnome2 sound daemon?  I
don't seem to have any sound daemon running at all, and it seems this
could be part of the problem.