modems

Marty Stoetzle martys at iland.net
Sun Oct 24 02:24:51 UTC 2004

Please,
Is Ubuntu compatable with a Lucent Win Modem?  I was running PCLinuxOS 2k4 with an old Rockwell chip modem I got from the junkyard and I let a electrical storm fry me.  I'm in a small remote town and I bought an old Dell Optiplex GX 100 with windows on it and I don't have a Windows CD.  I don't have Ubuntu yet but it's coming.  I'm a retired carpenter, not a geek and I hate Windows but I LOVE Linux. I'm a Humanist. I love the Linux phlisophy as well as the distros. Thank you in advance,

Marty Stoetzle, Montrose, Missouri, USA  martys at iland.net