Minor Gnome annoyances

Alexander Antoniades sanderant at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 02:29:06 UTC 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:37:52 +0300, Ecmel Ercan <ecmel at ercansoy.com> wrote:
> 1. Startup notification is problematic especially with gksudo (Root
> Terminal, Synaptic etc). The app starts but cursor does not change to
> normal and the notification does not go away for a while.

I agree, this something that really bothers me under Gnome. This and
the overall schizophrenia/ambient crappyness of Nautilus. Otherwise
2.8 has really improved my appreciation of Gnome.

I know that distros have to choose (or at least lean towards) one DE,
but I hope Hoary gets some KDE love and Canocial throws some resources
that way (ehm, hiring a certain Debian developer would be a good
start).