Backports? Just say no! [Was: I don't want to beat this > to death, but...]

Rob Weir rweir at ertius.org
Sun Oct 24 16:42:22 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 01:15:55PM +0100, Eamonn Sullivan said
> I wasn't going to jump into this, but I will now. Six months is a long
> time to wait to check a bank account. And this old version is more of

Well, one of the reasons that Firefox was reverted is because 1.0 had a
bug where it would crash when trying to use my bank's internet banking
feature, while 0.9.3 worked fine...you're right, it is a very good thing
that the Ubuntu team chose stability over bleeding-edgeness.

-rob

--
Words of the day:        JFK Armani Subversion infowar BATF Pope UNSCOM Comirex