I don't want to beat this to death, but...

Rob Weir rweir at ertius.org
Sun Oct 24 14:54:13 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 08:57:42PM +1300, Pizbit said
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:43:49 -0700, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at canonical.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 08:36:22AM +0100, Eamonn Sullivan wrote:
> >
> > > However, Firefox 0.9.3? Yuck.
> >
> > Believe me, 1.0PR was a lot more "yuck" as something to put into our stable
> > release.  We chose 0.9.3 for good reasons: it is more important to have a
> > browser in good working order than to have some new features.
>
> I havn't come across anything bad with 1.0, in fact I've found it much
> better than the previous versions.

One fun bug was when it would segfault when you clicked on a javascript
popup window.  Lacking RSS feeds seems a fair trade off for not having
it crash in normal use.

-rob

--
Words of the day:  MILSATCOM bank Majic Forte Hacker genetic cybercash Adriatic