[OT] Booting into IBM Rescue and Recovery

christophe barbe christophe at cattlegrid.net
Sun Oct 24 14:09:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 03:56:19AM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> The recovery CDs that they seem to send out will reformat your entire
> drive and provide a new recovery partition - they don't just let you
> boot into your existing partition (at least, I haven't been able to use
> the set I have to do that...)

So as long as grub is not able to boot it, we will end up with the
same problem.

On my X40, I have the same problem (plus I am not able to boot windows).
I was planning to just convert both partitions to ext3.
Is there something useful in the IBM recover tool? For the little I saw
of it, it looks very windows centric.

Christophe

--
Christophe Barbé <christophe.barbe at ufies.org>

As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat.
--Ellen Perry Berkeley