Gaim Security Upgrade 1.0.2

Michel Klijmij michel+spam at klijmij.net
Sun Oct 24 11:40:32 UTC 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 21:51:25 -0400, volvoguy <volvoguy at gmail.com> wrote in
<acf3da30041023185124319459 at mail.gmail.com>:

> The MSN protocol in Gaim has been acting kind of funky for me lately -
> random network problems that don't affect anything else, not able to
> read contact list from the server, etc.

Maybe not the best kind of advice, but: use Jabber. It's an IM protocol,
like MSN and ICQ, but completely open. On the server-side, the admin can
install "transports" to other IM protocols such as MSN, ICQ, Gadu-gadu,
IRC, etc. This means all you need is 1 client (Gaim can handle Jabber),
and don't need to worry about client updates for the other protocols as
they're handled server-side.

--
Kind regards,

Michel Klijmij