PHP version 4.x is supported [Was: Why is apache supported, but not php4?]

Mark C lists at funkypenguin.net
Sun Oct 24 11:39:19 UTC 2004

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> The 'php4' package applies to apache 1.x, not 2.x. libapache2-mod-php4
> is the version of php that is fully supported in Ubuntu, for Apache 2.x.

Sorry, I should of been more precise, we are currently running apache
1.x, and would like to stay that way, until is is no longer supported by
the Apache foundation, and I would like move our 10 servers over from
woody to Ubuntu, at some point this year.

running:

apt-cache show apache

revels that the version is: 1.3.31-6, this would mean that the supported
module above would not work, as that is for apache 2.x, so if I wish to
use apache 1.x and php4/php4-mysql, php4 this would not be supported in
the security updates, unless I moved over to 2.x ?

Mark