Thought about speeding up startup...

SianLun Lau wahlau at gmx.net
Fri Oct 22 15:36:36 UTC 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:51:03 -0700
Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN <Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL>
wrote:

Hi all,

> not really...i agree it kinda nitpicky to about 20-30 seconds.
[snipped]
> anybody who has programmed on a mainframe or used win95 in its
> infancy would find this conversation hilarious.

it is just that some might hope to have system ready as soon as they
click a button. something what one would get with PDAs or handphone.

i am happy enough with the sleep function on my notebook, because i
can start typing within 10 seconds. Using linux it is not really that
long compared to windows. all are within 10 seconds i think.

desktops? easy, off your monitor :)

regards,
SianLun