Thought about speeding up startup...

Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Fri Oct 22 14:51:03 UTC 2004

mike,

not really...i agree it kinda nitpicky to about 20-30 seconds.

doesnt really interest me if winbloze boots faster....

anybody who has programmed on a mainframe or used win95 in its infancy
would find this conversation hilarious.

later....

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com]On Behalf Of Michael S.
Jessop
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 8:09 PM
To: ubuntu
Subject: Re: Thought about speeding up startup...

Even tho' I was part of the speed-up discussion, I wonder why I/we
am/are so obsessed with startup times.  I mean, I always get a thrill
when my BeOS machine starts (on older hardware) faster than anything
else I have running on more modern, faster equipment.  But why?  :)
Isn't it kind of weird?  I mean, what is 30 to 40 or even 180 seconds
out of your day (if you boot daily - which I do not, my machines are
always on).

Anyway, just getting all philosophical or something on y'all.
Sorry.  :)

Mike