Thought about speeding up startup...

Michael S. Jessop candiazoo at comcast.net
Fri Oct 22 03:08:37 UTC 2004

Even tho' I was part of the speed-up discussion, I wonder why I/we
am/are so obsessed with startup times.  I mean, I always get a thrill
when my BeOS machine starts (on older hardware) faster than anything
else I have running on more modern, faster equipment.  But why?  :)
Isn't it kind of weird?  I mean, what is 30 to 40 or even 180 seconds
out of your day (if you boot daily - which I do not, my machines are
always on).

Anyway, just getting all philosophical or something on y'all.
Sorry.  :)

Mike