aptitude command line - why?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 20:28:18 UTC 2004

> On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 04:44:59PM +0100, Ben Edwards wrote:
>
> > So I guess the next question is Synaptic more like aptitude or apt-get?
>
> Synaptic is different from both; if I had to classify it, it's closer to
> aptitude in features.

any specific reasons why synaptic was chosen as the default package
manager for Ubuntu instead of aptitude (thus its including in the
default system menus)?   I'm just curious. Personally I like synaptic,
it just work in an user-friendly way in my opinion, but a lot of
people seems to use aptitude instead.