gnome-panel freezes after upgraded

remy Frerebeau remy.frerebeau at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 14:39:37 UTC 2004

to start gnome, you should most likely kill bonnobo-activation

So do Ctrl+Alt+F1 to get a console
then with ps -aux, you should be able to see the rith pid.
kill it ("kill $you_pid").

gnome should then start

To avoid that the next time, do the folowing :
1) Stop sound server (esd) to start on startup. (computer/desktop
preferences/sound).
2) Load snd-pcm-oss and snd-seq-oss  in /etc/modules

Rémy

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:33:54 +0200, h.engemann at basicartstudios.de
<h.engemann at basicartstudios.de> wrote:
> Yoann Aubineau wrote:
>

> > Yoann Aubineau a écrit :

> >> Responding to myself ...
> >>
> >> Actually, I'm talking about new version 2.8.1-0ubuntu2 (not
> >> 2.8.1-ubuntu3 as I said).
> >>
> >> I finally found how to downgrade with synaptic and tryed to come back
> >> to 2.8.1-0ubunutu1, but synaptic complains that the corresponding
> >> package cannot be found on the repository.
> >>
> >> -- Yoann
> >

> > Ok, it's working now. Don't know how, I did so many things
> > Thanks ...
> >

> I have also a problem with the new panel,
> when i try to start a new gnome session the panel seems to need a minute
> to come up.
> on the splash screen no panel icon is displayed.

Non aux brevets logiciels !!!
http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/fr/m/intro/index.html