Ubuntu Backgrounds

Jan Morén jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Wed Oct 20 13:53:14 UTC 2004

ons 2004-10-20 klockan 09:15 -0400 skrev volvoguy:
> On second thought, you probably wouldn't want the Ubuntu logo centered
> between the two screens. If you have some thoughts on what might look
> good on a dual-head setup, let me know and we can experiment.  :-)
>
> A few that I can think of would be:
>
> 1. Centering the complete logo on each screen. (which should be the
> same as tiling the current images)
>
> 2. Iconic logo on one screen and typographic logo on the other.
>
> 3. Larger Iconic logo centered on each screen with the typographic
> logo in one of the corners of the complete image.
>
> Any other ideas? :-)

Play with the edge. If you have an animal-themed screen, for instance,
you could imagine the edge to be a visible obstacle and have one animal
with its backside on the left screen and peering out at the user "around
the corner" on the right screen. You'd have to design the backdrop with
a reasonable guess on the approximate distance between the screens, of
course.

Have a complex scene, like a street or similar (I would use a cityscape)
whose left or right edge is the edge of a building or other vertical
structure. Let that edge be along the screen middle edge. Mirror the
image and put the mirrored image on the other screen. Then, just to make
it insteresting, spend some time making subtle changes to one or the
other of the images, so they are mirrored at first glance, but turn out
to have lots of subtle differences. I know people that would end up
staring for hours trying to find all differences :)

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science
http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren    Lund, Sweden