Ubuntu Backgrounds

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 13:10:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:37:10 +0100 (BST), Chris Jones <cmsj at tenshu.net> wrote:

> It's probably not a hugely widespread thing, but is there any chance of
> including one for 8:3 users (ie dualhead)? :)

Hi Chris! For what it's worth, I've been planning on making 16:9
versions of my SVG backgrounds. I could also do 8:3 relatively easily
if you're interested.

If you ARE interested and want to pick one of the variations on my
site, I'll make one up for you to try out. We would be looking at
3200x1200 resolution right? Resolution technically shouldn't matter,
but I found that when designing in Inkscape with the proper ratio but
smaller size (like 640x480 or 800x600), the images looked pixelated
when set as the background in higher resolution (like 1600x1200). I
assume this is because Gnome rasterizes the SVG + background color
before it displays it.

My backgrounds are at http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu/ if you're interested.

--
Aaron