Windows Printer Sharing

Calvin Park linuxsys at davisny.edu
Tue Oct 19 19:23:47 UTC 2004

> If I understand correctly, you have a printer on a Windows box and you're trying to use it from
> Ubuntu. Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct. I'm running Ubuntu and I want to connect to a box
running Windows XP Pro (another IBM intellistation 2.4ghz with 512mb
RAM).

I used the proper username and password for the printer when I set it up
on my system (Ubuntu). I've also made sure that the printer is shared.

> Also - have you tried sharing a folder on the Windows box and accessing
> it froim Ubuntu? If so, did this work?

Yes, I can connect to a folder on that computer just fine using the same
username and password I tried to use for the printer sharing.

So, any ideas (or have I stumbled upon another
difficult/weird/odd/painful problem/bug)?

-Calvin