DNS issues

Nitebirdz nitebirdz at sacredchaos.com
Tue Oct 19 17:52:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 12:43:25PM +0200, Bastian Doetsch wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 19.10.2004, 12:35 +0200 schrieb Erik B?gfors:
> > Are you running dhcp?
> >

> yes, but it happens also with static ip assignments.

Now, that's strange.  I've never seen such a thing unless the system is
running the DHCP client.  I'd make sure the DHCP client is definitely
not running on the system, and perhaps even use the 'chattr' command to
make it impossible to overwrite the file.  At least that should throw
some sort of error to the logs that might clarify which process is doing
that.  Just an idea.