how to disable the famd deamon

h.engemann at basicartstudios.de h.engemann at basicartstudios.de
Tue Oct 19 06:41:53 UTC 2004

Jeff Waugh wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 18:20 -0400, Chris wrote:
>

>>I've lived with it for far too long.  It's yet another one of those
>>GNOME annoyances that has been around for years but nobody ever does
>>anything about
>>

>Very few of the GNOME developers are kernel developers, which is where
>the issue lies. Until John McCutchan wrote (and re-wrote) inotify, and
>Robert Love championed it on lkml, the kernel developers didn't want to
>accept dnotify's faults.
>
>- Jeff

I disabled the service and hope gnome will run better now.
I can live with the refresh button, maybe I map it to F5

But there is somewhere another bug,
when i try to browse to my nfs or windows share nautilus crashes and
restarts.
I can browse there with the left panel, without showing files only folders,
but when files are shown nautilus gives me an error and restarts.

thx so far