multiple keyboard layouts and xscreensaver locking

Seth de l'Isle seth.delisle at ge.com
Mon Oct 18 21:01:08 UTC 2004

Hello,

I was using the Gnome keyboard switching applet to switch between
Russian and English keyboard layouts, then got distracted.  Fifteen
minutes later I came back to find my screen locked as I had configured
it to do after 10 minutes of inactivity.  Xscreensaver demanded my
password, and I was unable to input anything that would make it happy.
I presume my typing was producing Cyrillic characters while my password
doesn't contain any of those.

Am I right in thinking that this is an integration problem between
Xscreensaver and Gnome?  Should I file a bug with Ubuntu or elsewhere?

Thanks,
Seth