Two questions

GR Gaudreau grgaud at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 19 00:26:22 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 18:57 -0400, volvoguy wrote:
> Hey GR. Long time no see. :-)
>
> Here's a couple messages related to runlevels in Debian/Ubuntu that might help:
>
> http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2004-September/001059.html
>
> http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2004-September/002137.html
>
> Pay no attention to the name of the person in the second thread. :-)
>
> Aaron

[GR]   Yeah, baby, yeaaaaaah!  :-) I read those posts before, but it
just didn't click for me. I've been using Mandrake for so long -- since
version 6 -- that I didn't realize I could do that. Guess Mandrake was a
bit too user friendly and I didn't learn as much as I could have. This
is way cool, thanks.

This is going to be a good learning tool for me, the Debian thing I
mean. I'll learn more about being a sysadmin than using a distro that
did everything for me, or almost everything. I see now what some of the
guys at OCLUG were trying to tell me. Thanks again.