Community response of new ubuntu artwork

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:18:24 UTC 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:50:16 +0100, Ben Edwards <funkytwig at gmail.com> wrote:

> > http://wiki.ubuntu.com/WartyWarthog_2fImages

> I'me NOT auite clear wether this is being planned as the default image
> or an alternative that can be changed to after instalation.  I see one
> of the main issues as what the default theme is.  This is the theme
> that someone given the install CD will get.  First impresions count.

Those images haven't changed much since the day the preview release of
Warty came out, and I think the few incarnations I've seen since I
installed Ubuntu are significantly higher quality than those on that
page (no offense to their creator). I don't know the correct answer,
but I'd be surprised if any of those graphics worked their way into
future releases.

That said, I like the alternate logo (or maybe it's just a specific
font) in those images. Is there any chance the SVG versions could find
their way to the other artwork page (both the typographic logo and the
earth logo)? Variety is good, right? :-)

--
Aaron