gstreamer0.8-mad Will Not Install on B&W G3

Brett K ubuntu-users at valx.mailshell.com
Sat Oct 16 19:12:49 UTC 2004

I did a clean install of the Ubuntu Release Candidate last
night. I am trying to get my Ubuntu configured back to the way
I had it. I had installed gstreamer0.8-mad so I could listen to
mp3s. On the previous version of Ubuntu I did not have any
problem with this. Now when I try to install
gstreamerlib0.8-mad using Synaptic, it tells me it depends on
libid3tag0, but it can't find it.

I have all of the appropriate repositories enabled (CD-ROM and
repositories 4-7 in the list). Any idea what's going on? I'm on
a B&W G3.

Thanks