OT: recommend fast 2D card?

Daniel Stone daniel.stone at canonical.com
Sat Oct 16 16:22:07 UTC 2004

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 11:39:49AM -0400, David Williamson wrote:
> Off Topic:  but with the wealth of knowledge here somebody's bound to
> know... I have a fast GeForce4 but never game on this box, and want
> faster 2D performance for my digital pics.  They are 1.5 megs or so each
> and take a noticeable moment to load.  Can anyone with personal
> experience recommend a card that would be faster in 2D than the GeForce
> chipset?

The ATI r2xx chipsets (8500->9200, with the 9100 being optimal, followed
by the 8500, followed by the 9200, followed by the 9000) should be quite
screamingly fast in 2D, however when you're dealing with 1.5MB images,
it's always going to hurt.

--
Daniel Stone                                        <daniel.stone at canonical.com>