Help with installing onto a megaraid controller?

Paul Wagland paul at kungfoocoder.org
Fri Oct 15 07:14:26 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I tried installing Ubuntu last night on my main machine, which just happens to
be a AMD64 with a LSI MegaRaid SATA-6 controller onboard. I can get the CD in,
but I cannot get it to recognise the card. If I go to the shell and `modprobe
megaraid` it will load the module, and find the card, but will not find the
partitions on the card, and (more importantly) will not find the LVM group on
said partition, which means that I cannot install.

Can anyone offer any thoughts on what to do to get going?

Thanks in advance,
Paul