Mixed localization

jannehh jannehh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 20:16:29 UTC 2004

hi all,

did a housewife install (that is, feeding three kids and changing
diapers while installing) last night on my G4. I am extremely
impressed about the whole thing: almost everything seems to work
perfectly, including the USB scanner, memory stick and camera. There
appears to be something missing with the cd-rom, it works but quite
slowly and the cd-player application wouldn't make a sound. Ripped
some songs of a CD and the mp3's played just right.

I did the installation with Finnish localization and it isn't quite
finished yet, which is perfectly OK by me. Or would be if the missing
parts were in English but instead they are in Swedish... Now, I do
understand quite a lot of every day Swedish but am missing the
computer vocabulary, so this does make some things pretty difficult.

Is there some nice and clean way to fix this on the system level or
should I try to figure out all the application specific files?

janne