More on unable to boot

Andrew Jarvis andrew.jarvis at kolumbus.fi
Thu Oct 14 09:39:28 UTC 2004

I do apologise, my first reply to this was submitted with the wrong title (Digest title). My question is perhaps a sign of my stupidity, but as I am now unable to boot into Ubuntu, how would I be able to run the dpkg-reconfigure command you requested? I would be happy to do this if you could give me a suggestion as to how. For example, is it possible that using some kind of boot floppy would enable me to do it? I am desperate to get back into Ubuntu as it has become my most-used OS over the past month!

Thanks for any further help, in advance.
Regards,
AndyJ

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 09:45:30PM +0300, Andy Jarvis wrote:

> No, I haven't touched the file since it was updated by the Synaptic
> update.
>
> If you can tell me what needs to go in there, I will gladly add it!

Try this:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-2.6.8.1-3-k7

and send the output.

--
 - mdz