Default Theme

Bryan Pizzuti bpizzuti at optonline.net
Thu Oct 14 09:34:03 UTC 2004

 That's a very good point to keep in mind, but there's 2 sides to the whole
thing.  Yes, in a workplace, it's a security risk, especially on a high-end
server and such.  But to a person who is just sitting at a desk, typing out
this and that, it's less so, and such people feel more comfortable with a
"point and click" sort of login.

Now, if this were a server sort of OS (I realize it CAN be, but Ubuntu seems
to focus more on the desktop) then I'd agree it's a security risk, and too
great a risk at that. But "Joe Bloe Manager" and his secretary would
probably feel a LOT more comfortable with that sort of setup on their
workstations.

Food for thought. Crunch crunch. :D