Default Theme

Ville Vainio vivainio at kolumbus.fi
Wed Oct 13 17:20:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 17:46 +0100, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:

> Could I ask those who object to the theme, exactly what aspect they find
> objectionable? Is it the partial nudity, or that the three people are
> shown in close proximity, or something else?

I guess concrete pictures of people are always going to be problematic
(as opposed to abstract/drawn/stylized pictures of people). A real human
face always carries too much cultural, emotional, social, whatever
baggage for something that should stay out of your way. Especially if
you never asked for that particular picture.

> I expect they took many pictures in the same photo shoot, so they
> probably have some material to choose from. What minor variation might
> improve the situation, if any, and why?

If there has to be people, it would be preferable to have a dreamy/spacy
feel in the picture, i.e. no smiling or other obvious emotions. If there
has to be nudity, a sexy/pin-uppish picture of a woman done with a good
taste could work for mostly male user base as well. Two women, or a man
+ two women is too dirty already ;-).