Default gstreamer-properties

Arjen Wiersma arjenw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 06:45:12 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Last week I installed ubuntu on 2 systems... it's great of course but
sound on my laptop took some fiddling (intel_i8x0)... I initially
un-blacklisted the i810_audio driver from alsa... only to quickly
discover and remember that it should be in the kernel

Anyways... to make a long story short; the default
gstreamer-properties setup last week was incorrect. It used OSS as
it's output sink.

After going to gnome-control-center (since Advanced is not in the
menus) I fixed the settings and all is good now...

so points:

Was it incident that it was configed wrong? or is this a release issue?

Is it an issue that 'Advanced' is not accessible through the menus?

regards,

Arjen