what a reaction!

dave dave at rodrig.com
Thu Oct 14 01:36:31 UTC 2004

Fred Blaise wrote:
> wow... I can't believe people reacted like that to that default theme...
> I find it rather cool, and as far as I am concerned, conveyed the
> message it intended on my person.
> Having lived over 18 years in western Europe, where you see naked women
> in every TV commercials possible, this is just ridiculous to even have a
> thread named "erotic wallpaper".. I had a good laugh... Can i remind
> people that erotic means: "Of or concerning sexual love and desire" or
> "Tending to arouse sexual desire." (dictionary.com)? If you some of you
> are aroused by those pics, you got more serious problems in your life
> than a couple pictures on a desktop computer...
> Now, having lived in the USA for over 6 years, I can understand the
> reaction of some people... no nudity on TV, etc.. however, don't you
> even adventure yourself in a night-club! I was shocked at how girls
> would rub their behind on your private parties without even knowing you
> or exchanging a word... anyway, off-topic.
> My fiancee lived 8 years in Africa (black Africa), and found the
> reaction of people pretty childish as well, in those threads.
>
> All that to say, much fuss for nothing much, IMHO.
>
> fred

what I can't believe is that you, along with a few others, react as if
we've got a problem with the photos themselves! I don't mind the skin!
I'm using the theme on my home machine!

The vast majority of those of us that found issue with the theme are
against the simple fact that this was thrust upon us without any sort of
notification or dialog. It's simply unacceptable for many of us to use
this theme in our workplace. For many more, it's inappropriate to use it
day to day. All I'm saying is this: to reach the widest audience
possible, this cannot remain the default theme.

dave