erotic wallpaper...

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 22:11:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 17:02 -0400, Michael S. Jessop wrote:
> Eh?  I don't understand what the big deal is.  The wallpaper is quite
> tasteful but.  I agree that it would not fly in a corporate environment
> where everyone is paranoid of sexual harassment, but that is why you
> have at least three other choices!  I am Christian, btw...  (and an
> American on the wrong track, per a previous poster).  I just switched
> the background to one with the watermark.
>
> This shouldn't even be a topic of discussion.
>
> Mike

The point is that to some people such representations are graven images,
to others it's sensuality, to others it's direct contravention of what
they believe to be a divine command.
If you really want to produce a default theme that is acceptable to ALL
people, then it HAS to be neutral, with no images of people of animals.
This is not a matter of some people being intense, it's about the
following the spirit of Ubuntu - if that is what is really meant.
It is no trouble to make this theme available, but not the default
theme. It is no trouble to make this effort for others.

David