Unofficial Ubuntu Faq?

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Wed Oct 13 12:43:30 UTC 2004

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 13.10.2004, 05:11 -0700 schrieb site at ubuntuforums.org:
> I would like nothing more then to have the Ubuntu dev team to participate in the
> forums and even work with them to make it the official forum for Ubuntu I got
> the work done and its already turning into a great community 100+ members in
> the last few days.
>
> So to wrap this up. My goal isn't to draw attention away from anything official
> for Ubuntu but to provide an alternative for users who find the current means
> of information just a little too much.

so why didn't you offer to work on setting up a official forum and
instead splitted up (i'm pretty sure the guys are happy if someone picks
up the work after a consensus is found how to do the integration
right) ?

it's already planned (and pronounced ... see below) to provide a gateway
process between list and official forum, could your list get integrated
this way in the official site ? so you probably should offer your
knowledge/work to the canonical team and join in again with the stuff
you have.

http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2004-September/002565.html

ciao
	oli