Unofficial Ubuntu Faq?

John Hornbeck hornbeck at freeshell.org
Wed Oct 13 12:25:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 11:28 +0100, Thomas Beckett wrote:
> Im afraid I rather like the unoffical forum. (I didnt want to). I
> think it is down to personal preference - I find it easier to browse
> through than the Wiki, especially if i just want to get information
> that is already there. If i was to add something then of course i
> would find it in the Wiki and add it there, but for searching for an
> answer for something i personally prefer the forum. Also - wasnt there
> talk of setting up official Ubuntu forums a while ago - looks like
> someone beat Canonical to it ;)
I am replying to most of the replys to my origanal post.  I never once
said anything about the forum.  I said something about the faq because
it covers the same thing as the faq on the wiki.  I don't have a problem
with a forum where people can sit and discuss different things.  Now I
did see alot of how-tos on the forum that could have been used to help
on the wiki.  I just know I am busting my butt trying to get docs ready
and there are two or three others doing docs, and to see someone doing
docs and putting them somewhere else OUTSIDE of the official stuff when
official is needed, that I don't understand and I wish they would come
join us.  Right now there are very few people doing docs, and we need
all the help we can get to make Ubuntu's docs the best in the world.  I
just hate to see segregation so soon.

John